Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Searching

The initial idea for this piece changed considerably throughout the process. I don't even really have a sketch for this piece, because I worked more spontaneously directly on the plate. Again, I did quite a bit of scraping and re-etching, which resulted in some of the really subtle tones on the plate. It's a bit hard to see in the photograph of this piece, but there is quite a bit of patterning and mark making in form of deeply etched black lines that sit on top of the black aquatint. Perhaps you can imagine what the beautifully raised lines on top of the black ground look and feel like.






















Searching. 
Intalgio, Chine-CollĂ©. 
30cm x 30cm. 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Miriam, these are awesome! I love the new images, you're using a limited palette to great effect! I just love these, I could go on.

    I hope you're well,
    -Josh B,

    ReplyDelete