Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

Happy Holidays























Thanks to all of you for reading my blog. This year's card is a small intaglio plate that started as a soap ground test. I just really love how I can get similar effects to tusche washes in lithography on my copper plates by using the soap ground. And there is always a little surprise involved, because I can never control the etch entirely. When I pull the first print after I etch the plate, it's always a bit like magic to see the image for the first time.
Happy Holidays to you all!

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy seeing your work and reading about your process. I read quite a few writers on process and it's fascinating to look over the shoulder of someone working visually. The grief-work is moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stunned by the visual imagery of your grief. This is definitely a healing process for you and at the same time a way of sharing your gift with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete