Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Postcards from America

I recently applied to grad school and prior to my application I had a meeting with one of the professors for a portfolio review. She recommended I add something completely different from the rest of my body of work to demonstrate that I am able to do other things besides autobiographical double-plate colour etchings. So, I decided to make work that is more about social commentary and satire that has a little more bite than the work I usually do. I made a small folio called Postcards from America with 5 postcards inside. The postcards are about my experiences (partly personal, partly based on newspaper articles, and partly fictional) I've had since moving to the USA. 
The image side of each postcard is a small 4" x 6" etching with chine-collĂ©. The back side with text and stamps is screen printed. 









No comments:

Post a Comment