Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Book Cover - What You Get at Home

I'm a little late with this, but I still want to share it. Winnipeg author Dora Dueck asked me last year if I would be willing to let her use one of my paintings as a book cover for her new book What You Get at Home (Turnstone Press). The book came out last fall and I am honoured that my work is on the front cover. What You Get at Home is a collection of short stories that are partly about a young woman who moved from Paraguay to Canada. While the character's story is quite different from my own, there  are instances where I find my own experiences of strangeness, of not fitting in, of the fear of trying new things, of misunderstandings, in the story.
Dora has a wonderful entry about the book cover in her own blog, which you can see here. The book cover is a painting I did in 2006; it currently hangs in our living room. In 2010 I took the same image and made it as an etching (which you see in the photo in Dora's blog). 


No comments:

Post a Comment