Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Exhibition in Paraguay

Encounters and Farewells is my first exhibition in my home country Paraguay. After all these years that this country and my life there (before North America) have inspired me to make much of my work, I finally have the chance to show my work at the Manzana de la Rivera, a beautiful gallery complex in downtown Asunción that is part of the city's cultural center. The opening reception is Thursday, May 2 at 7:30pm in the Espacio Miguel Acevedo and runs till May 19th. I am thrilled to have this opportunity, which I have dreamed of for years. In so many ways I still feel deeply Paraguayan and yet I feel quite the stranger in the Paraguayan art scene. Perhaps I will have the chance to make some connections through my exhibition and stay in closer touch with what is going on in the art world in Paraguay. 



No comments:

Post a Comment