Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Goodbye to ACAD















I've spent the past semester teaching printmaking at ACAD (Alberta College for Art and Design) in Calgary. The term has ended and I'm off to new destinations soon. Teaching has taken up much of my time and energy, but I etched a few new plates and did get to try out this big motorized Griffin press to print some test prints. I also played with some toner transfers for the seed jar imagery. I had to teach toner transfers in one of my classes, so I decided to try them in my own work. I'm still debating whether a digital print might be more successful in the long run, since it would be a bit crisper. I'm not quite happy with the prints yet, but I think several of them might grow into something finished eventually.

Detail of test print.


No comments:

Post a Comment