Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Laser cut Woodblock Prints






















I've had some fun over the past few weeks playing a bit with some additional tiles for my soy field. I wanted to find a way to include digital imagery without using digital prints which can appear rather flat. I found these great photographs of harvest combines driving over massive soy fields in almost militaristic formations that have this threatening feel of sheer power. One of my professors tracked down a laser cutter and she ended up cutting the images into woodblocks, which I then printed as relief prints. I'm very pleased with the results and I'm especially happy how they look with the soy plant etching plate printed over top to connect the tile with the rest of the piece (see The Soy Field).


















Woodblock detail. 




















Inked woodblock.

Here is another woodblock print I did with a laser cut digital photo of a soy field.







No comments:

Post a Comment